One Home for Your Health
A Health Care Home is a designation for a facility focused specifically on your health care needs, one patient at a time, and all in one place. Through your Health Care Home you will be assigned a personal care coordinator.
Your health, your plan, your team – creating seamless health care, together.
A Health Care Home Coordinator will:
- Coordinate your health care needs with the appropriate specialist or physician(s)
- Facilitate communication between your doctors and you and your family
- Help manage your conditions more efficiently and effectively
What are the benefits of a Health Care Home facility?
- Your individual care coordinator can connect you with specialists, support networks, or any community services you may need.
- Partnering with health care providers empowers patients, builds trust, and leads to clearer communication between health care providers and their patients.
- Your cultural traditions and religious beliefs will be valued, understood, and, when possible, integrated into your care.
- People with a Health Care Home have fewer hospitalizations and miss fewer days of work or school. Especially those with special health care needs.
How to make the most of your Health Care Home
- Make a list of questions before your visit. Doctors visits can be overwhelming and being prepared will make sure all your questions are answered
- Ask for a care plan if you have a chronic health condition. Your care coordinator will provide your care plan to you and will include information about your diagnoses, doctor names, medication list and the contact information of your caregivers.
- Be open and honest about your health habits and concerns. We are here to help, not judge.
- Ask questions. If there’s anything you don’t understand, do not hesitate to ask for clarification.
Access your records in advance of your appointments to make sure you are informed. You can use MyChart, an online tool that provides 24-hour access to portions of your medical records. It also gives you the ability to request and view upcoming appointments, and retrieve your child’s information, including immunization records.
For more information about MyChart, call 320-763-5123 ext. 2501 or visit www.alexclinic.com and follow the MyChart link.
For more information about Health Care Homes in Minnesota, call 651-201-5421 or e-mail email@example.com